Here’s a handy quick tip that might save you a Google/Oracle Support search. I’ve had the misfortune of needing two new laptops instead of one at my new firm (don’t ask – I’m obviously a klutz). Therefore, I’ve encountered this issue twice now. A one-time fix resolves it quite nicely.
- PBCS Calculation Manager
- Firefox v39+
- When creating/editing a business rule within Calculation Manager, instead of seeing the graphical user interface, you see a gray box.
- Error message: “A plugin is needed to display this content.”
- Download and install the latest Adobe Flash player. (Another tip: Adobe likes to throw in some “optional offers” when you download and install their free software. If you don’t want this, uncheck that box in the first screen.)
- Completely sign out and close all instances of PBCS actively running in Firefox.
- Additionally, close out of all instances of Firefox.
- Log back into PBCS and Calculation Manager.